Here are some random tips and ideas I captured during Julie Dirksen’s Advanced eLearning Design Course.
- Delayed feedback can increase learning transfer
- Make your content as lean as possible to get the best information from user testing
- Evidence suggests the best eLearning presentation is lean text with full audio
- Activities involving finding, identifying, recognizing lend themselves well to eLearning
- Background graphics and clip art: Instead of irrelevant themes for the sake of adding pizzazz, go take pictures of the real environment
- Mobile learning isn’t about the device, it is about the learning being mobile
- When managing a design/development project, keep a table that lists what can change after this point and what cannot change after this point. Also, keep a list that lists changes separately from bugs.